Top 5 Ways Bed Bugs Get Into Your Home
Although it is a common myth that bed bugs exist in dirty homes, this is not the case. They live in any type of environment. They often enter homes in unexpected ways. When an infestation begins, you may have an extremely difficult time stopping the problem. After you identify slot88 an issue, it is wise to contact a professional pest control company.
5 Ways Bed Bugs Enter the Home
1. Transportation: When you are in a busy town, it is common to take a taxi or to use other forms of public transportation. Since bed bugs feed at night, they hide in cracks and crevices during the day. When you sit in a cab or on a bus, these critters may latch onto your clothing and follow your home.
2. Vacation Trips: Certain countries and U.S. cities have higher rates of bed bugs. When you visit them, it is easy to bring the pests back home.
3. Garage Sales and Second-Hand Stores: When you bring home items that were previously owned by other people, including bedding or furniture pieces, it is possible that these items contain bed bugs. Whenever you make a purchase at a garage sale or a thrift store, it is essential to guard against these pests.
4. Summer Camp: When your child goes to summer camp, it is possible for him or her to come in contact with bed bugs, especially if your child sleeps away from home.
5. Hotels: When you stay overnight at a hotel, you run the risk for picking up bed bugs. Even the cleanest locations may have these pests.
Damages Caused by Bed Bugs
Since bed bugs are parasites, they live on human blood. This means that the damage around your home will be limited. However, residents may fall victim to serious problems. As these creatures feed on humans, they secrete a liquid that commonly causes skin discomfort and blisters. Skin allergies may occur as well. If not treated properly, they may spread to other parts of the body.
Where to Find Bed Bugs in Your Home
Bed bugs commonly enter you home undetected. Thanks to their flat bodies, they can fit into tiny spaces. They live in groups and initially hide in mattresses, bed frames, head boards, and box springs. This provides easy access to humans. Over time, they may spread throughout the bedroom and nearby rooms.
If you suspect a bed bug problem in your home, it is essential to contact a professional pest control company. This will save you time and money on unsuccessful DIY treatments. At Hometown Pest Control, we have served the residents of Broward and Palm Beach counties for many years. Our team uses the newest products and techniques to eliminate pests so that you can enjoy your home environment. To schedule an appointment, call us at 1-866-278-8250.