As excitement around the prospect of traveling again grows, it’s easy to forget one tiny, but trip-altering threat – bed bugs. While these elusive pests are found just about everywhere, they are especially common in hotel rooms, making the start of the summer travel season the perfect time to raise awareness.
Travelers should be aware that bed bugs are still present as they can survive months without feeding. They are excellent hitchhikers and can steal away in suitcases, purses and other items, making inspection crucial to preventing an infestation when you return home.
If you’re planning to travel this summer, here are some tips to help avoid an unwanted encounter with bed bugs:
- Thoroughly inspect the entire room for bed bugs before unpacking, including behind the headboard, under lights and inside situs judi slot online gampang menang dressers, drawers, sofas and chairs.
- Pull back the sheets and inspect the mattress seams and box spring, particularly at the corners, for pepper-like stains, spots or shed bed bug skins.
- Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual inspections.
- Place suitcases in a plastic trash bag during the duration of the trip to ensure that bed bugs cannot take up residence there prior to departure.
- Vacuum and properly inspect suitcases after returning from a vacation. Do not bring the suitcase into your home until it has been inspected.
- Vacuum and inspect your car, paying close attention to the seats and trunk to ensure no bed bugs made the journey home with you.
- If you think you may have brought bed judi slot online jackpot terbesar bugs home with you, seek professional pest control assistance to address an infestation, as this is not a do-it-yourself pest.
Suspect You may have Bed Bugs? Hometown Can Help
Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to eradicate, but we know exactly how to eliminate these stubborn pests and keep them from coming back. We use a combination of methods to ensure the best results. We will recommend the best bed bug treatment for your situation and we also offer such products as; Protect-A-Bed bedding encasement’s for your box springs and mattresses for the best protection.